Matt and I had a wonderful time back in Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. We left Tuesday night so we could avoid the snow on Wednesday. It worked out well. On Thanksgiving day we woke up early and did a 2 mile turkey trot in Sheboygan on Lake Michigan. It was fun. Then, Matt Kate, and I visited Grandma K at her apartment. She was very impressed with her Thanksgiving meal at Cedar Bay. After that we went home to eat our yummy Thanksgiving dinner. Kate made a pumpkin pie from scratch. It was awesome as were the cranberries Matt made and stuffing Mom made.
On Black Friday, dad work up at 5:30 to head to Fleet Farm to try and get a free monkey for the baby. Unfortunatly, the line was way to long so he headed out to Home Depot for other deals instead.
Matt and I went to Kohls to get a Christmas present for Janet and Tony and then home for breakfast. Next, it was off to Target and Home Deport for other splurges. We are very close to finishing our holiday shopping. I have 2 presents left to get.
On Saturday night we went out to a supper club to celebrate Mom an Dad's 38th anniversary. Afterward, we went to a holiday comedian and then out for ice cream.
Sunday morning after a delicious breakfast we headed home. Once home Matt unloaded the car and I put up Christmas lights outside. After supper Matt and I finished putting up Christmas decorations inside and are now relaxing in front of the TV.
What a great holiday weekend. I look forward to seeing my family here for Christmas. Hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment